Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Ultimate Reading Guide

So a post about reading. Who doesn't love that? haha. anyway reading hasn't always been fun to me. when I was younger, I had to be forced to sit down and do summer reading. It took a couple more years before I sat down with a book that I actually liked. The book was One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. It's about a woman who loses her job and decides to become a bounty hunter. She's kind of a sucky bounty hunter, but she is relatable. After that, as they say, the rest is history. I read all of Evanovich's books, every last one of them. Then I moved on and started reading more and more. Mostly detective-type stories, some teen books, and then I discovered dystopian books. Specifically the Hunger Games. I read the Hunger Games in about two days. It was enthralling. I had never read anything like it and I absolutely loved it. Then reading the second and third ones was like the cherry on top! Reading has become a big part of my life. I feel it can make a person whole in a sense. Having a good book to read to escape from life is really all I could ever ask for!

1 comment:

  1. Try Sue Grafton or Patricia Cornwell--she writes a series about Kay Scarpetta, very cool

    ReplyDelete