Friday, October 18, 2013

Empty

You hit me right in the feels John Green. Peter is supposed to be this amazingly great guy. Augustus and Hazel are supposed to have a great time in Amsterdam. Why have you made it so this book pretty much rips out my heart?! I trusted you and you ripped out my soul. It's like discovering that you got a puppy for your birthday and then having it die a week later. Gus and Hazel are in love and happy, why must things go sour? Why is there always this preconceived notion that with happiness comes sadness. Why can't there just be happy things? I honestly feel empty and am unsure of what to make of the last couple chapters of this book. I can't decide whether or not I am going applaud Green or admonish him at the end of this novel. This is so real and relatable and I pray to God that my stepdad doesn't have to go through the things Augustus and his family did. So let's hope these last couple of chapters make up for this past one

No comments:

Post a Comment