Monday, January 6, 2014

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

To continue on with my Narnian adventure, Prince Caspian was the next in this series. As usual, C. S. Lewis has done an excellent job transporting me into the world of Narnia. I felt that this book was very well written and has a wonderful story line. I did not like, however, how the character relationships weren't as developed as they were in the movie. You learn about Caspian as a prince and as a person, but you don't learn about how he and Peter got along. You don't see the relationship between Lucy and Trumpkin that you do in the movie. As always there are the people who like movies better than books, but me personally, I feel that books will typically always trump movies. I personally feel that the movie did exploit the characters better than the book did. Overall I think this book is worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment